Tribal Owner's Group  

Go Back   Tribal Owner's Group > Tribal Tech Forums > Tribal In-Line HPR Q/As
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
-->Tribal Manual<--
-->Tribal Basics<--

Old 07-06-2006, 04:17 PM

Send a message via AIM to MephistoMike Send a message via MSN to MephistoMike

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the 2-liter only has input ports. If you have a guage on one of those all you are seeing is the output pressure from your pure energy tank. About the only way you'll be able to see output pressure is to tap a 1/8NPT(right?) hole in your ASA. I would not do that unless you are an experienced machinist or you send it to Andy. I'm not sure of the flow characteristics of the pure energy tanks, but that big of a pressure drop doesn't seem good.

One more thing, about the worst guages I have used are the Dye branded ones, I've had 3 go bad on me in 2 months using them. Any other brand I've used I have not had any problems with sproinging (technical term) the needles.
Old 07-09-2006, 04:45 PM
rawdog483

yeah, i think you are correct, i think the pressure i was seeing what the recharge rate in the reg. i also found out that the output pressure of the reg on my tank is 750psi (hyper flow 420) and the max input pressure of the 2-liter is 900psi, not 600psi. So, i think i'm okay. what does ASA stand for? is that the vertical adapter body?
Old 07-09-2006, 04:52 PM
rawdog483

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdog483
pressure i was seeing what the recharge rate
I mean 'was' not 'what'

also, i found out what ASA stands for, air supply adapter

is it highly recommended that i get a gauge on the ASA, or am i fine without one?
Old 07-09-2006, 06:05 PM

Send a message via AIM to MephistoMike Send a message via MSN to MephistoMike
Default not really

That's all personal preference. Some people like to see how much pressure is running into the gun. I run one on my autococker, but they way I hold most of my guns I prefer not to have a guage getting in the way.