Tribal Owner's Group  

Go Back   Tribal Owner's Group > Tribal Tech Forums > Tribal AOC/LPR Tech Q/As
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
-->Tribal Manual<--
-->Tribal Basics<--

Old 06-16-2009, 09:59 PM

Default Has anyone tested for effeciency?

I realise by playing around with my Tribal there is a delicate balance between dwell, aoc pressure and hpr pressure. I think I have pretty much set the hpr to the sweet spot of the valve I'm running. My question is is it better to have a shorter dwell and higher aoc pressure, or the other way? Right now my dwell is around 7 ms. I am thinking with a little more pressure and lower dwell I could get a little higher rof, but maybe at the expense of effeciency and probably sound (right now it is relatively quiet).
Old 06-17-2009, 07:51 PM
Founder-Adminstrator

As I posted in another thread, the Tribal electronics can't be set to 7ms. The lowest setting is 14ms. You need to set the DWELL to 14ms (via dip switches), your AOC to 100-110psi and your HPR to 200psi.... then chrono. Depending on your marker and HPR you should be able to get around 270fps with the above settings.
***UPDATE***:
I just saw your post that listed your "upgraded" elect.... FYI, in the furture don't forget to mention stuff like this.
Now knowing that your Tribal has a Chaos board I see how you got the dwell down to 7ms..... go in and double that bitch! set it to 14-16ms and you should be good to go!

Last edited by ~kaos~; 06-17-2009 at 07:56 PM.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:27 PM

Thanks for the info I actually had the dwell up to the max of the Chaos board 18.5 at one point with the rocket valve trying to get the velocity up. I think now if I run the dwell to 14, I will have the HPR down to around 110-125 psi. Does that sound correct?
Old 06-18-2009, 10:34 PM
Founder-Adminstrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEADNOISE View Post
Thanks for the info I actually had the dwell up to the max of the Chaos board 18.5 at one point with the rocket valve trying to get the velocity up. I think now if I run the dwell to 14, I will have the HPR down to around 110-125 psi. Does that sound correct?
Dwell@ 14ms
aoc/lpr@ 100-110psi
HPR@ 190-220psi
Those settings should put you in the 270-280fps range (maybe higher)

*BTW* which spring are you running on your Rocket valve, the heavy or light one?

Last edited by ~kaos~; 06-18-2009 at 10:37 PM.
Old 06-19-2009, 07:06 AM

I don't know for sure what spring i got with the Rocket, but I would bet it's the heavy due to the fact I couldn't get the velocity up with it. I wasn't even aware there were different springs available.
Old 06-19-2009, 10:00 PM
Founder-Adminstrator

Originally there was only one spring that came with the Rocket Valve. But Mike Marr (the original owner of Maddman Products) Was using a really hard substance (black) for the nosecone and all of us testing the protos were having a hell of a time getting the damn things to seal. One of the guys turn his Cockers HPR up to 500psi and dry fired about 300 times. I ended up adding a small pen spring to help the one that came with it. Anyway, when Mike sold MP to Craig & Rusty the Rocket got upgraded with a new softer nosecone material (clearish) and 2 springs to choose from. So it's possible you could have had a stiff spring and/or it might not have been set up properly. (see set-up install at MP website).